What is a Pink Slip?
In short a pink slip inspection report verifies your car is safe and ready for the road. It is required in New South Wales for your vehicle to be inspected, as a condition of registration renewal, if it is more than three years old.
They have now been renamed: e-Safety Checks, which are sent to the RTA electronically.
If your vehicle PASSES a Pink Slip / e-Safety Check:
- Your mechanic electronically sends the safety check report to the RTA.
- Purchase a green slip (mandatory insurance).
- Renew your rego online, by mail, phone or your nearest MVR.
If your vehicle FAILS a Pink Slip / e-Safety Check:
- Your mechanic will issue a ‘repairs needed report’.
- Repairs will need to be made by the mechanic or another of your choosing.
- Have the repairs checked (if repairs are carried out by a Repco Authorised Service mechanic this will happen automatically).
- Once the repairs have been checked and the report cleared, your vehicle can be registered.